We found 4 neonatologists near Brownsville, TX.
Dr. Gerardo Sanchez is a medical specialist in neonatology. Dr. Sanchez is a graduate of Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon Faculty of Medicine. United Healthcare Compass, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Choice are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Sanchez honors.
Dr. Manuel Mendoza specializes in neonatology and practices in Brownsville, TX. Dr. Mendoza graduated from Autonomous University of Tamaulipas. He honors United Healthcare Compass, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Choice, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Jose De Luna practices neonatology in Brownsville, TX. He studied medicine at Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon Faculty of Medicine. Dr. De Luna is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including United Healthcare Compass, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Choice.
Dr. Pedro Vasquez's specialty is neonatology. He accepts United Healthcare Compass, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Choice, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at Cayetano Heredia University.
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat