We found 5 cardiologists near Eureka, CA.
Dr. David Ploss is an adult cardiology, nuclear cardiology, and cardiac electrophysiology (heart rhythm) specialist in Eureka, CA, Lakeport, CA, and Ukiah, CA. Before performing his residency at UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion, Dr. Ploss attended Tufts University School of Medicine. Patient reviews placed Dr. Ploss at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. He accepts the following insurance: Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Medicare. He is affiliated with Adventist Health System.
Dr. Andrew Michaels' area of specialization is adult cardiology. Dr. Michaels takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Shield, and more. He graduated from the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), School of Medicine.
Dr. Paul Stanger is a specialist in pediatric cardiology. He works in San Francisco, CA, Eureka, CA, and Salinas, CA. The average patient rating for Dr. Stanger is 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Stanger is especially interested in rheumatic heart disease, endocarditis, and kawasaki disease. He is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences. For his residency, Dr. Stanger trained at the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr. Stanger has received the distinction of San Francisco Super Doctors. His professional affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG), and Marin General Hospital. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Rheumatic Heart Disease, Lung Problems, Endocarditis, Cardiomyopathy, Kawasaki Disease
Dr. Robert Lock, who practices in Eureka, CA, is a medical specialist in adult cardiology. He studied medicine at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Patient ratings for Dr. Lock average 3.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Lock accepts several insurance carriers, including Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Shield.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Age
Medicare Patient Conditions
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
Medicare Patient Gender
Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow