What is Hematology?Hematology is a medical specialty that focuses on diseases of the blood, bone marrow, and lymphatic system. Blood flows to every cell in our body and is extremely important to our survival. Problems with the production of blood cells or cancers that affect the blood can be very dangerous. Hematologists treat these and other diseases, such as:
- Anemia, a low level of red blood cells
- Low levels of white blood cells or platelets
- Bleeding disorders, such as hemophilia
- Clotting disorders, such as deep vein thrombosis
- Cancers of the blood, such as leukemia and lymphoma
Search for Hematology (Blood Disorders) near you.