- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Humana near Waco, TX.
Dr. Reed Bartz is a physician who specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine. Patient ratings for Dr. Bartz average 1.5 stars out of 5. He honors Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Hip Problems, Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Lower ... (Read more)
Dr. Nolan Malthesen is a physician who specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He attended the University of Kansas School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at JPS Health Network. He is an in-network provider for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. Dr. Malthesen has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars. He is affiliated with Texas Health Resources.
Dr. Christopher Miars' specialties are family medicine and sports medicine. Dr. Miars studied medicine at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Miars accepts.