- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Humana near Waco, TX.
Dr. Reed Bartz works as an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. After completing medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, Dr. Bartz performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine. His average rating from his patients is 1.5 stars out of 5. He takes several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze.
Dr. Nolan Malthesen is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist in Waco, TX, Fort Worth, TX, and Benbrook, TX. He is affiliated with Texas Health Resources. He graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at JPS Health Network. Dr. Malthesen accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Christopher Miars works as a family medicine physician and sports medicine specialist. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Miars attended medical school at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.