- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Humana HMO Open Access Copay 100/1000 near Waco, TX.
Dr. Reed Bartz is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist. On average, patients gave him a rating of 1.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Bartz is a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Hip Problems, Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Lower ... (Read more)
Dr. Nolan Malthesen's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is affiliated with Texas Health Resources. Dr. Malthesen is an in-network provider for Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He trained at JPS Health Network for residency. He has received the distinction of Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Christopher Miars practices family medicine and sports medicine in Waco, TX. He honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Dr. Miars studied medicine at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.