- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 4 allergist/immunologists who accept United Healthcare Choice near Temple, TX.
Dr. John Dvoracek practices allergy & immunology. Dr. Dvoracek is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School. He completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Wisconsin. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Dvoracek include: Texas Super Doctors and "Super Doctor," Texas Monthly, 2011-2013. He is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health - Central Texas.
Dr. Mercedes Arroliga practices pediatric allergy & immunology in Temple, TX. Dr. Arroliga is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health - Central Texas. She is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. After completing medical school at National Autonomous University of Nicaragua Faculty of Medicine, she performed her residency at Bridgeport Hospital. In addition to English, Dr. Arroliga speaks Spanish.
Dr. John Starr is a specialist in allergy & immunology. Dr. Starr honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. George Brasher specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in Temple, TX. He takes United Healthcare EPO, United Healthcare Bronze, and United Healthcare Silver, as well as other insurance carriers.