- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 4 allergist/immunologists who accept United Healthcare Choice near Temple, TX.
Dr. John Dvoracek is an allergy & immunology specialist in Temple, TX. He is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health - Central Texas. Dr. Dvoracek is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended the University of Minnesota Medical School and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Wisconsin. He has received distinctions including Texas Super Doctors and "Super Doctor," Texas Monthly, 2011-2013.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Hives, Sinus Problems, Ear Problems, Skin Testing, Angioedema, Asthma
Dr. Mercedes Arroliga is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Arroliga accepts. Dr. Arroliga is a graduate of National Autonomous University of Nicaragua Faculty of Medicine. Her residency was performed at Bridgeport Hospital. She is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Arroliga is professionally affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Health - Central Texas.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Hives, Skin Testing, Anaphylaxis, Allergic Conjunctivitis, ... (Read more)
Dr. John Starr's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. George Brasher practices allergy & immunology. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including United Healthcare EPO, United Healthcare Bronze, and United Healthcare Silver.