We found 3 providers with an interest in skin issues and who accept Blue Advantage Gold HMO 101 near Sherman, TX.
Dr. Alex Ehsan is an adult oncology, medical oncology, and hematology (blood disorders) specialist. Dr. Ehsan's patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. His areas of expertise include the following: salivary gland cancer, thrombocytosis (high platelet count), and thyroid cancer. His professional affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Oncology. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Ehsan attended medical school at Central University of the East School of Medicine. He has received the following distinctions: Texas Super Doctors and Texas Rising Stars.
Relevant Interests: , Skin Cancer
All Interests: Vulvar Cancer, Sickle Cell Disease, Skin Cancer, Salivary Gland Cancer, Soft Tissue Sarcoma, Tongue ... (Read more)
Dr. Jill Heffernan practices radiation oncology in Sherman, TX, Denison, TX, and McKinney, TX. Clinical interests for Dr. Heffernan include stomach tumor, rectal cancer, and sinus cancer. She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Heffernan attended Texas A & M Health Science Center College of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at a hospital affiliated with Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). Dr. Heffernan's hospital/clinic affiliations include Baylor Scott & White Health and Texas Oncology.
Relevant Interests: , Basal Cell Carcinoma, Melanoma, Skin Cancer
All Interests: Gynecologic Cancer, Abdominal Cancer, Bone Cancer, Brain Cancer, Facial Cancer, Gallbladder Cancer, ... (Read more)
Dr. Gennell Strobel graduated from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport and then she performed her residency at Baylor University Medical Center. Her areas of expertise include the following: xeomin injection, rosacea, and acne. Her patients gave her an average rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. Dr. Strobel takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Relevant Interests: , Rosacea, Acne, Wrinkles, Age Spots
All Interests: Labiaplasty, Injectable Fillers, Juvederm, Chemical Peels, Rosacea, Restylane, Radiesse, Laser Treat ... (Read more)
dermatologists who accept Blue Advantage Gold HMO 101 (7)?
Dermatologists are medical doctors who take care of your skin, hair, and nails. Their work can involve everything from treating uncomfortable and itchy allergic rashes, to injecting Botox and removing wrinkles, to performing surgery to remove life-threatening skin cancers.
Dermatology is divided into several branches. A dermatologist may perform all of these services in his or her daily work, or he or she may specialize and focus on just one field.
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.
Your skin is extremely important: it covers and protects everything in your body. A dermatologist helps keep it healthy, as well as looking and feeling good.
- Hair transplants
- Laser hair removal
- Laser resurfacing to treat sun damage, age spots, or wrinkles
- Tattoo removal
- Sclerotherapy to treat varicose veins
- Liposuction to remove unwanted fat
- Anti-aging treatments such as Botox, injectable fillers, or chemical peels