- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept United Healthcare Plans near Round Rock, TX.
Dr. Bonnie Leyva specializes in pediatric endocrinology and practices in Austin, TX, Round Rock, TX, and Cedar Park, TX. She is affiliated with 'Specially for Children. Dr. Leyva is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold. After attending the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, she completed her residency training at Scott and White Healthcare.
Dr. Susan Nunez is a specialist in pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Nunez accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. She graduated from Far Eastern University, Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation. She is professionally affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin, the University Medical Center Brackenridge, and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Dr. Rajani Prabhakaran is a physician who specializes in pediatric endocrinology. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Prabhakaran accepts. Dr. Prabhakaran graduated from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute and then she performed her residency at the University Medical Center Brackenridge and a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. She has received the following distinction: Texas Rising Stars. Her hospital/clinic affiliations include Seton Medical Center Austin, the University Medical Center Brackenridge, and 'Specially for Children.