- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 4 allergist/immunologists who accept Humana Gold 2250/HMO Premier near Pasadena, TX.
Dr. David Engler specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in Pasadena, TX, Houston, TX, and Pearland, TX. He is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Engler's areas of expertise consist of sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. He is affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center (TMC). Dr. Engler studied medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. His average patient rating is 4.5 stars out of 5. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Engler include: Texas Super Doctors and Board of Regents, American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 1989-1991 & 1995-1998. New patients are welcome to contact his office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Hay Fever
Dr. Alnoor Malick specializes in allergy & immunology. He is especially interested in sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Houston Methodist. Dr. Malick studied medicine at MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine. For his residency, Dr. Malick trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice. His practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergies, Hay Fever
Dr. Sunil Saraf's specialty is allergy & immunology. He takes several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare. Dr. Saraf attended medical school at Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medical Sciences. He is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Akram Mushtaha works as a pediatric allergist and immunologist. Dr. Mushtaha is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital. He is a graduate of Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine. For his professional training, Dr. Mushtaha completed a residency program at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Dr. Mushtaha accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Amerigroup Star, as well as other insurance carriers.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Sinus Headache, Food Allergy, Skin Testing, Sinusitis, Allergy Testing, Asthma, ... (Read more)