- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 4 allergist/immunologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO near Pasadena, TX.
Dr. David Engler's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Dr. Engler speaks Spanish. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Engler include sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. He is affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center (TMC). Dr. Engler studied medicine at Baylor College of Medicine. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Awards and/or distinctions he has received include Texas Super Doctors and Board of Regents, American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 1989-1991 & 1995-1998. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Hay Fever
Dr. Alnoor Malick is an allergy & immunology specialist. Areas of particular interest for Dr. Malick include sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. Dr. Malick is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital and Houston Methodist. After attending MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine, he completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston. Dr. Malick is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice. His practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Sinusitis, Asthma, Allergies, Hay Fever
Dr. Sunil Saraf's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Dr. Saraf accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Aetna Medicare, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended medical school at Banaras Hindu University Institute of Medical Sciences. He is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Dr. Akram Mushtaha is a pediatric allergist and immunologist in Pasadena, TX and Houston, TX. He attended Ain Shams University Faculty of Medicine for medical school and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston for residency. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Amerigroup Star, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Mushtaha is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann Southeast Hospital.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Sinus Headache, Food Allergy, Skin Testing, Sinusitis, Allergy Testing, Asthma, ... (Read more)