We found 4 dermatologists who accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield near Kingwood, TX.
Dr. Anna Drosou specializes in surgical dermatology. Her areas of expertise include cancer surgery, latisse, and acne. She honors Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, United Healthcare Choice, and more. Dr. Drosou attended medical school at the University of Athens Faculty of Medicine. Dr. Drosou is professionally affiliated with Houston Methodist. New patients are welcome to contact her office for an appointment.
Clinical interests: Cosmetic Surgery, Skin Cancer, Microdermabrasion, Skin Biopsy, Skin Surgery, Skin Lesions, Cancer Su ... (Read more)
Dr. Brent Shook's specialty is MOHS-micrographic surgery. He is affiliated with Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. He graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine and then he performed his residency at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. Dr. Shook is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Robert Cook-Norris practices MOHS-micrographic surgery in Shenandoah, TX, The Woodlands, TX, and Houston, TX. He is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. Dr. Cook-Norris takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. He studied medicine at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Paul L. Foster School of Medicine.
Dr. Steven Smith works as a dermatologist. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Dr. Smith studied medicine at Ohio State University College of Medicine.
Dermatologists are medical doctors who take care of your skin, hair, and nails. Their work can involve everything from treating uncomfortable and itchy allergic rashes, to injecting Botox and removing wrinkles, to performing surgery to remove life-threatening skin cancers.
Dermatology is divided into several branches. A dermatologist may perform all of these services in his or her daily work, or he or she may specialize and focus on just one field.
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.
Your skin is extremely important: it covers and protects everything in your body. A dermatologist helps keep it healthy, as well as looking and feeling good.