We found 3 providers with an interest in heart valve disease and who accept Humana Gold 2250/Houston HMOx near Katy, TX.
Dr. Anil Odhav practices adult cardiology in Houston, TX and Katy, TX. Dr. Odhav graduated from the University of Zambia School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at a hospital affiliated with the University of Tennessee. Areas of expertise for Dr. Odhav include arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats), mitral valve prolapse, and high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia). Patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Odhav is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. His professional affiliations include Houston Methodist, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, and Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center. Dr. Odhav is accepting new patients.
Relevant Interests: , Mitral Valve Prolapse, Mitral Valve Disease
All Interests: Hypertension, Heart Problems, Angiogram, Aortic Aneurysm, Arrhythmias, High Cholesterol, Hypotension ... (Read more)
Dr. Kamalakannan Desikan's area of specialization is interventional cardiology. Dr. Desikan's areas of expertise include the following: hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol (hyperlipidemia), and angioplasty. Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Amerigroup Star, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Desikan honors. He studied medicine at Madras Medical College. For his residency, Dr. Desikan trained at St. John Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit. He is professionally affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. Dr. Desikan's practice is open to new patients.
Relevant Interests: , Mitral Valve Disease
All Interests: Hypertension, Non-Invasive Cardiology, Heart Problems, Angiogram, Stent, High Cholesterol, Heart Att ... (Read more)
Dr. Amir Kashani is an adult cardiologist and interventional cardiologist in Houston, TX and Katy, TX. Clinical interests for Dr. Kashani include implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), heart valve disease, and hypertension (high blood pressure). Dr. Kashani is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. He attended Ross University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Rochester General Hospital. His professional affiliations include Houston Methodist, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital, and Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center. Dr. Kashani is accepting new patients.
Relevant Interests: , Heart Valve Disease
All Interests: Invasive Cardiology, Hypertension, Ischemic Cardiomyopathy, Heart Problems, High Cholesterol, Heart ... (Read more)
adult cardiologists who accept Humana Gold 2250/Houston HMOx (19), interventional cardiologists who accept Humana Gold 2250/Houston HMOx (9)?
- Angioplasty, or opening of blocked arteries, often via the inflation of a balloon
- Atherectomy, the physical cutting away of plaque buildup
- Stenting, the placement of metal springs to hold artery walls open
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Closure of holes in the heart
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart valve surgery
- Lung cancer
- Cancer of the esophagus
- GERD, or severe acid reflux
- Heart or lung transplants