- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Humana Platinum HMO near Cedar Park, TX.
Dr. Shona Rabon is a specialist in pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Rabon attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. Her training includes a residency program at a hospital affiliated with Loyola University. Her areas of expertise include thyroid problems, pituitary disorders, and adrenal disorders. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Rabon's hospital/clinic affiliations include Seton Medical Center Austin, the University Medical Center Brackenridge, and 'Specially for Children. She is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Thyroid Problems, Adrenal Disorders, Pituitary Disorders
Dr. Bonnie Leyva's area of specialization is pediatric endocrinology. She is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold. After completing medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, she performed her residency at Scott and White Healthcare. Dr. Leyva is affiliated with 'Specially for Children.
Dr. Stephanie Tacquard's specialty is pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Tacquard accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. She attended the University of Texas Medical School at Houston and then went on to complete her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She is professionally affiliated with Seton Medical Center Austin, the University Medical Center Brackenridge, and 'Specially for Children.