We found 3 providers with an interest in eye problems and who accept Humana Open Access near Nashville, TN.
Dr. Carl Awh is a specialist in vitreoretinal diseases (retina and vitreous). He is especially interested in macular degeneration. Dr. Awh's professional affiliations include TriStar Centennial Medical Center and Saint Thomas Health. He attended the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Awh is rated 3.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, First Health, and more.
Relevant Interests: , Macular Degeneration, Retina Problems
All Interests: Retina Problems, Macular Degeneration
Dr. Everton Arrindell is an ophthalmologist. Clinical interests for Dr. Arrindell include retinal detachment. Dr. Arrindell honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Humana HMO, and Humana Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. He graduated from the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine. Dr. Arrindell's medical residency was performed at the University of Michigan Kellogg Eye Center. His hospital/clinic affiliations include TriStar Centennial Medical Center and Saint Thomas Health.
Relevant Interests: , Retinal Detachment
All Interests: Retinal Detachment
Dr. Melissa Toyos specializes in ophthalmology (eye disease) and practices in Germantown, TN, Nashville, TN, and Franklin, TN. Clinical interests for Dr. Toyos include acne, non-surgical facelift, and voluma. She is professionally affiliated with TriStar Skyline Medical Center. Before performing her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC), Dr. Toyos attended Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport for medical school. On average, patients gave Dr. Toyos a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She has received professional recognition including the following: RealSelf Top Doctor.
Relevant Interests: , Eye Injuries, Pterygium
All Interests: Injectable Fillers, Juvederm, Chemical Peels, YAG Laser Surgery, Diabetes, Mole Removal, Laser Eye S ... (Read more)
pediatric ophthalmologists who accept Humana Open Access (7)?
- Amblyopia, or lazy eye
- Eye alignment problems, such as strabismus
- Refractive errors, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Congenital cataracts, when a baby is born with a cloudy lens in the eye
- Eye injuries
- Vision problems caused by health issues that affect the whole body, such as juvenile diabetes or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Prescription lenses, including glasses and contacts
- Prescription medications to treat infections or inflammation
- Other medical treatments, such as eye patches, tear duct massage, or eye exercises
- Surgical procedures, such as those to repair blocked tear ducts or correct eye alignment
- Laser treatments for retinopathy
- see patients for routine eye care
- diagnose eye problems
- prescribe glasses, contact lenses, and medications
- provide refractive therapies to correct vision, such as LASIK
- perform surgery on the eye
- Refractive disorders, such as myopia and astigmatism, which require lenses to correct the vision
- Glaucoma, a condition where increased pressure within the eye leads to damage to the optic nerve, the nerve that carries light images from the eye to the brain
- Dry eye, where there are insufficient tears to lubricate the eye
- Common infections of the eye, such as conjunctivitis