- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 5 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Humana Bronze 4850/HMO Premier near Knoxville, TN.
Dr. James Kerrigan is a medical specialist in pediatric endocrinology. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Aetna HSA, Humana HMO, and Humana Bronze. He graduated from Penn State College of Medicine. Dr. Kerrigan trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Massachusetts for his residency. He is affiliated with the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
Dr. Elizabeth Wirthwein, who practices in Knoxville, TN, is a medical specialist in pediatric endocrinology and pediatric emergency medicine. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Wirthwein takes.