- Laparoscopic surgery, where several small incisions are made. A tiny camera is inserted into one, and the surgeon looks at the procedure on a video screen while moving tools through the other openings.
- Endoscopic surgery, which is performed using an endoscope. An endoscope is a thin, hollow tube that contains a camera. It can be inserted either through a small incision or an existing opening such as the nose. Tiny tools can be passed through the tube to the area that needs to be worked on.
- Robotic surgery, which uses tools that are even smaller and more precise than laparoscopic tools. The tools and camera are inserted through a small opening, and then the surgeon controls the robot from a computer in another room.
We found 4 providers matching minimally invasive surgery and who accept Coventry Bronze near West Grove, PA.
Dr. Christopher Lyons' medical specialty is adult orthopedic reconstructive surgery. Areas of expertise for Dr. Lyons include second opinions, femur (thigh bone) fracture, and fibula (calf bone) fracture. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Chester County Hospital. After attending Temple University School of Medicine, Dr. Lyons completed his residency training at Temple University Hospital. He has received a 3.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. Dr. Lyons honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE, as well as other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of Recognized by Main Line Today's Top Doctor's 2016 issue.
Relevant Interests: , minimally invasive hip replacement, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, knee arthroscopy, shoulder arthroscopy
All Interests: Femur Fracture, Second Opinions, Fibula Fracture, Wrist Fracture, Shoulder Reconstruction, ACL ... (Read more)
Dr. Michael Chiusano is a physician who specializes in urology (urinary tract disease). He is an in-network provider for Coventry, Aetna HSA, Coventry HSA, and more. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Chiusano attended Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine for medical school. He is affiliated with Jennersville Regional Hospital.
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 11
- Charge (avg.): $928
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $396
Dr. John Manta is an orthopedist in Exton, PA, West Chester, PA, and West Grove, PA. Clinical interests for Dr. Manta include ankle sprain, sports health, and knee ligament injury. His professional affiliations include Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Chester County Hospital. Before completing his residency at Temple University Hospital, Dr. Manta attended medical school at Temple University School of Medicine. The average patient rating for Dr. Manta is 4.5 stars out of 5. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and TRICARE are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Manta honors. Dr. Manta has received the distinction of Recognized by Main Line Today's Top Doctor's 2016 issue.
Relevant Interests: , minimally invasive knee replacement, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair, knee arthroscopy, shoulder arthroscopy
All Interests: Ankle Sprain, Sports Health, Shoulder Reconstruction, ACL Injury, Ankle Fracture, Shoulder ... (Read more)
Dr. Timothy Downey is a specialist in otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat). He obtained his medical school training at Creighton University School of Medicine and performed his residency at Madigan Army Medical Center and William Beaumont Army Medical Center. On average, patients gave Dr. Downey a rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Coventry, United Healthcare HSA, and United Healthcare HMO. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), Chester County Hospital, and Jennersville Regional Hospital.
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 14
- Charge (avg.): $719
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $367