Home > Search Results
We found 4 providers with an interest in immunotherapy near Bend, OR.
Specializes in Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine (Adult Medicine)
Average rating 3.75 stars out of 5 (2 ratings)
Address: 1501 NE Medical Center Drive, Deschutes, OR 97701
Try searching by a related specialty:
, allergists (4), adult oncologists (10)
What is Allergy & Immunology?A physician who specializes in allergies, asthma, and other disorders of the immune system is called an allergist-immunologist or simply an allergist. Allergic reactions can cause a huge number of symptoms in the body, and allergy-immunology specialists treat a wide variety of problems, including:
- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren's syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
Selecting a checkbox option will refresh the page.