We found 3 providers with an interest in skin issues and who accept United Healthcare Gold HMO near Cleveland, OH.
Dr. A. Kennedy is an endocrinologist. His education and training includes medical school at Queen's University Belfast and residency at Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast. His areas of expertise include the following: diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes), amenorrhea (missed periods), and adrenal cancer. Dr. Kennedy has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He has received the distinction of Cleveland Super Doctors. Dr. Kennedy is professionally affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Florida, Hillcrest Hospital, and Marymount Hospital.
Relevant Interests: , Acanthosis Nigricans
All Interests: Amenorrhea, Low Testosterone, Blood Tests, Erectile Dysfunction, Hyperparathyroidism, Hyperthyroidis ... (Read more)
Dr. Atul Mehta is a specialist in adult pulmonology. He works in Cleveland, OH. Patient ratings for Dr. Mehta average 5.0 stars out of 5. Areas of expertise for Dr. Mehta include lung transplant, thoracic outlet syndrome, and malignant mesothelioma. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He attended Smt. NHL Municipal Medical College and then went on to complete his residency at Easton Hospital and Delaware County Memorial Hospital. Dr. Mehta (or staff) speaks the following languages: Urdu and Hindi. He is affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Main Campus.
Relevant Interests: , Acanthosis Nigricans
All Interests: Beryllium Disease, Bronchitis, Bronchoscopy, Malignant Mesothelioma, Lung Cancer, Cough, Thymoma, As ... (Read more)
Dr. Mei Lu's areas of specialization are vascular neurology and neurophysiology; she sees patients in Cleveland, OH. Her average rating from her patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. Her clinical interests include post-polio syndrome (PPS), thoracic outlet syndrome, and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM). Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Lu honors. Dr. Lu's education and training includes medical school at Peking University Health Science Center and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and residency at a hospital affiliated with St. Louis University (SLU). She is professionally affiliated with Cleveland Clinic Main Campus.
Relevant Interests: , Hemangiomas
All Interests: Post-Polio Syndrome, Second Opinions, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Dermatomyositis, Spinal AVM, Radiculo ... (Read more)
dermatologists who accept United Healthcare Gold HMO (119)?
Dermatologists are medical doctors who take care of your skin, hair, and nails. Their work can involve everything from treating uncomfortable and itchy allergic rashes, to injecting Botox and removing wrinkles, to performing surgery to remove life-threatening skin cancers.
Dermatology is divided into several branches. A dermatologist may perform all of these services in his or her daily work, or he or she may specialize and focus on just one field.
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.
Your skin is extremely important: it covers and protects everything in your body. A dermatologist helps keep it healthy, as well as looking and feeling good.
- Hair transplants
- Laser hair removal
- Laser resurfacing to treat sun damage, age spots, or wrinkles
- Tattoo removal
- Sclerotherapy to treat varicose veins
- Liposuction to remove unwanted fat
- Anti-aging treatments such as Botox, injectable fillers, or chemical peels