We found 3 providers with an interest in colorectal cancer and who accept Coventry Bronze HMO near New York, NY.
Dr. Pokala Kiran is a physician who specializes in colon & rectal surgery. Dr. Kiran studied medicine at Osmania Medical College. For his residency, Dr. Kiran trained at St. Mary's Hospital. Areas of expertise for Dr. Kiran include colon cancer, anal fistula, and crohn's disease. Aetna EPO, POMCO, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Kiran accepts. He has received distinctions including One of America's Top Doctors; Best Doctors in Cleveland; and ASCRS Traveling Fellow, Teacher of the Year in Colorectal Surgery at Cleveland Clinic. He is affiliated with ColumbiaDoctors. He has an open panel.
Relevant Interests: , Colon Cancer, Colorectal Cancer
All Interests: Rectal Problems, Hemorrhoid Surgery, Gastrointestinal Problems, Colon Cancer, Crohn's Disease, Liver ... (Read more)
Dr. Ashish Atreja's area of specialization is adult gastroenterology. Dr. Atreja's clinical interests include colon polypectomy, celiac disease, and crohn's disease. He is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital. He attended medical school at All India Institute of Medical Sciences. The average patient rating for Dr. Atreja is 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Atreja is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. He has received the following distinctions: Nominated as Editor for Online Education at American Gastroenterology Association (AGA); 18th Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, Fl,2008 Awarded fellowship (FACP); and Invited Presentation at Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Relevant Interests: , Colorectal Cancer
All Interests: Celiac Disease, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy, Colon Polyps, Ulcerative Colitis, Endoscopic Ba ... (Read more)
Dr. Eric Edwards' specialty is bariatric surgery. Areas of expertise for Dr. Edwards include adrenalectomy (adrenal surgery), colectomy (colon resection), and colon cancer. Dr. Edwards is professionally affiliated with Mount Sinai Doctors and Mount Sinai Hospital. He accepts POMCO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, as well as other insurance carriers. He welcomes new patients. Dr. Edwards is a graduate of UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School. His medical residency was performed at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and a hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Relevant Interests: , Colon Cancer
All Interests: Pheochromocytoma, Appendicitis, Diverticular Disease, Appendectomy, Colectomy, Sleeve Gastrectomy, H ... (Read more)
gastroenterologists who accept Coventry Bronze HMO (500+)?
- ulcerative colitis (a condition where inflammation and sores affect the lower intestine)
- gallbladder disease (where bile stored in the gallbladder thickens and causes inflammation or gallstones)
- gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD (stomach acid flows back into the throat and causes a burning sensation and tissue damage)
- Medical Oncologists specialize in the use of medications, especially chemotherapy, to kill cancer cells. In some areas, the term “medical oncologist” refers to the oncologist who is overall in charge of making decisions about a patient’s treatment.
- Surgical Oncologists specialize in surgical treatments for cancer, such as biopsies (where small tissue samples are taken and examined), or surgical removal of tumors and surrounding tissue.
- Radiation Oncologists specialize in the use of radiation (a kind of high powered x-ray) to kill cancer.
- Serious and chronic constipation
- Anal fissures, or tears in the skin around the anus
- Anal abscesses and fistulae
- Anal incontinence
- Intestinal polyps
- Colon and rectal cancer