- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 5 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Medicare near Chapel Hill, NC.
Dr. Janel Hunter sees patients in Winston-Salem, NC and Chapel Hill, NC. Her medical specialty is pediatric endocrinology. In Dr. Hunter's practice, she is particularly interested in type 2 diabetes. She is affiliated with UNC Hospitals and Wake Forest Baptist Health. She is in-network for Medicare insurance. She studied medicine at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. She completed her residency training at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Thyroid Problems, Type 2 Diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes, Adrenal Disorders
Dr. Jennifer Law is a specialist in pediatric endocrinology. She speaks Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with UNC Hospitals. Before completing her residency at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Dr. Law attended medical school at West Virginia University School of Medicine. Dr. Law is an in-network provider for Medicare insurance. She has received distinctions including Best Teacher, Wake Forest University Medical Students and Best Role Model, Wake Forest University Medical Students.
Dr. Doris Estrada's medical specialty is pediatric endocrinology. Dr. Estrada attended medical school at Cayetano Heredia University. Her areas of expertise include diabetes. She accepts Medicare insurance. She speaks Spanish.
Clinical interests: Diabetes
Dr. Ashley Jessup is a pediatric endocrinologist in Chapel Hill, NC and Kernersville, NC. She attended medical school at East Carolina University, The Brody School of Medicine. Dr. Jessup's medical residency was performed at Nationwide Children's Hospital. She accepts Medicare insurance.
Dr. Maureen Su is a specialist in pediatric endocrinology. She is an in-network provider for Medicare insurance. Before completing her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Su attended medical school at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Su is affiliated with UNC Hospitals.