Home > Search Results
We found 12 pediatricians near Belmont, NC.
Specializes in Pediatrics (Child & Adolescent Medicine)
3.5 Average rating 3.5 stars out of 5 (7 ratings)
Address: 2644 Court Dr, Gastonia, NC 28054
"She was rude, condescending and absolutely unprofessional. I had to bring my 3 and 5yos for my 7yos appt. This Dr actually scolded my youngest for not behaving while she was in the room, after a 1 1/2hr wait. Told my 3yo that I would take my others for ice cream and "leave" her. She did not say that I would not get her any, she said I would "leave" her-to a 3yo. Later refused to admit to my husband that perhaps this was unprofessional. The NC med board should be ashamed to let her practice medicine."June 30, 2014
What is General Pediatrics?General Pediatrics is defined simply as the medical care of children and adolescents. It is one of the broadest specialties, delivering care to patients from birth through young adulthood, and encompassing everything from preventive health to the management of acute and chronic illness. Pediatricians care for the physical, emotional, behavioral, developmental, and social problems that affect children and teens. A general pediatrician has a wide variety of responsibilities, including:
- The management and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Discouraging the spread of serious illness in children, through education and vaccination
- Monitoring patients' physical and developmental growth
- Performing routine health screenings
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Guiding parents in all areas of parenting, from offering reassurance to giving advice on everything related to their child, such as feeding, safety, and education
Selecting a checkbox option will refresh the page.