- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 5 sports medicine providers who accept Humana Catastrophic HMO near Lafayette, LA.
Dr. Stephanie Aldret works as a family medicine physician and sports medicine specialist in Eunice, LA and Lafayette, LA. Dr. Aldret is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. She studied medicine at Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Michael Schutte is a medical specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patient ratings for Dr. Schutte average 4.0 stars out of 5. These areas are among his clinical interests: knee problems, foot problems, and shoulder problems. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Schutte studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Clinical interests: Pain, Sports Health, Hip Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic ... (Read more)
Dr. Amanda Phillips-Savoy practices family medicine and sports medicine in Lafayette, LA. Dr. Phillips-Savoy accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. She graduated from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine.
Dr. Thomas Bond practices family medicine and sports medicine. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Bond accepts.
Dr. Creighton Shute is a Lafayette, LA physician who specializes in family medicine, emergency medicine, and osteopathic manipulative medicine. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. He studied medicine at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.