Home > Search Results
We found 5 neurophysiologists near Kansas City, KS.
What is Neurophysiology?Neurophysiologists are doctors who use tests to evaluate the function of the nervous system. They are able to record the electrical transmissions of the brain, spinal cord, muscles and nerves in order to diagnose neurological diseases. A neurophysiologist may test for nerve and muscle conditions such as myasthenia gravis, demyelinating polyneuropathy, or ALS. There are a number of tests that a neurophysiologist might use, depending on the part of the nervous system that is affected. Some of these include:
- Nerve conduction studies, to show how well nerves are working
- Electromyography, to show how well the muscles respond to signals from nerves
- Electroencephalography (EEG), a test to measure brain activity (most often used to diagnose epilepsy)
- Evoked potential studies, which measure electrical activity in the brain in response to a stimulus
- Polysomnography, or a sleep study, which records brain activity and body functions during sleep
Selecting a checkbox option will refresh the page.