We found 4 dermatologists near Crown Point, IN.
Dr. Ashvin Garlapati is a physician who specializes in dermatology (skin disorders). On average, patients gave him a rating of 5.0 stars out of 5. He is affiliated with St. Anthony's Hospital and Franciscan Health Crown Point. Dr. Garlapati is in-network for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Assurant Health, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is open to new patients. He is a graduate of Western University of Health Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific.
Dr. Karen Jordan is a physician who specializes in surgical dermatology. Dr. Jordan graduated from the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine. She completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Chicago. Clinical interests for Dr. Jordan include birthmark removal, rosacea, and accutane. She honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Clinical interests: Botox Injection, Glycolic Peel, CO2 Laser Treatment, Laser Resurfacing, Salicylic Acid Peel, Birthma ... (Read more)
Dr. Mitchell Bressack's area of specialization is dermatology (skin disorders). His areas of expertise include latisse, rosacea, and acne. On average, patients gave Dr. Bressack a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Medicare insurance. He studied medicine at SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. He is professionally affiliated with Franciscan Health Crown Point. Dr. Bressack's practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Botox Injection, Sculptra Aesthetic, Sclerotherapy, Juvederm, Laser Hair Removal, Chemical Peels, Ro ... (Read more)
Dr. Melanie Griem works as a dermatologist. Dr. Griem's patients gave her an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. She takes Medicare insurance. She attended medical school at the University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine. She is affiliated with Franciscan Health Crown Point. She has an open panel.
Dermatologists are medical doctors who take care of your skin, hair, and nails. Their work can involve everything from treating uncomfortable and itchy allergic rashes, to injecting Botox and removing wrinkles, to performing surgery to remove life-threatening skin cancers.
Dermatology is divided into several branches. A dermatologist may perform all of these services in his or her daily work, or he or she may specialize and focus on just one field.
- Dermatopathology deals with the identification of skin diseases. Dermatopathologists diagnose skin problems, usually by taking scrapings of skin and examining them under a microscope.
- Cosmetic dermatology is the branch of dermatology that works to improve the appearance of the skin. This can include wrinkle reduction, liposuction, hair loss treatment, or the treatment of scars.
- Dermatological Immunology is a subspecialty that deals specifically with immune related problems of the skin, such as eczema or lupus.
- Pediatric dermatologists treat newborns and children with skin disorders. They also provide help to families with inherited skin problems.
- Mohs surgeons are specialized dermatologists who can remove skin cancers using a microsurgery known as Mohs technique, where slides of the tissue are examined as they are removed. This is a very exact surgery with an extremely high cure rate.
Your skin is extremely important: it covers and protects everything in your body. A dermatologist helps keep it healthy, as well as looking and feeling good.