Home > Search Results
We found 48 general surgeons near Evanston, IL.
Filter By:Showing 1-16 of 48
Specializes in General Surgery, Oncology (Cancer Care), Critical Care (Intensive Care Medicine), Surgical Oncology (Cancer Surgery)
Address: 5140 California Ave, Chicago, IL 60625
Featured message: Call Today!
Clinical Interests: skin cancer surgery, colorectal surgery procedures, abdominal surgery ... (Read more)
Specializes in Ophthalmology (Eye Disease), Vitreoretinal Diseases (Retina and Vitreous), General Surgery, General Practice, Comprehensive Ophthalmology
Address: 645 Michigan Av, Evanston, IL 60202
Featured message: Click here to learn more about Amani Fawzi, MD
Clinical Interests: retina surgery
What is General Surgery?A general surgeon is a specialist who performs many different kinds of operations, with a focus on those located in the chest and abdomen. General surgeons have specific knowledge about anatomy, surgical techniques, and wound care that allows them to excel at a wide variety of procedures. While a general surgeon can perform many different kinds of operations, there are a few types that are most common in general surgery. They include:
- Mastectomies and breast cancer removal
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgery, including hernia repairs and weight loss surgery
- Colorectal surgery to treat conditions such as intestinal polyps or Crohn's disease
- Abdominal transplants, such as kidney transplants or liver transplants
- Emergency surgery, performing all different kinds of needed surgery in an emergency department
Selecting a checkbox option will refresh the page.