We found 11 providers with an interest in sleep apnea and who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans near Elk Grove Village, IL.
sleep medicine providers who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans (10)?
What is Sleep Medicine?Sleep medicine is the medical field that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to sleep and rest. This can include difficulty sleeping well at night or problems with daytime sleepiness. Sleep medicine specialists treat patients of all ages who need better rest. When people think of sleep disorders, they often think of insomnia. That?s one kind of sleep disorder, but there are several others. In addition to insomnia, a sleep medicine specialist may treat conditions such as:
- Sleep apnea
- Shift work disorder
- Circadian rhythm disorder
- Severe or recurrent jet lag
What is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngologists are also called 'ENTs' because their area of specialty is the ears, nose, and throat. Otolaryngologists treat most of the diseases and disorders that affect the head or neck. They can provide routine medical care, such as giving hearing tests or treating chronic conditions such as allergies. Otolaryngologists also perform a number of surgeries on the head and neck. Some of the illnesses and issues that otolaryngologists treat include:
- Ear problems - hearing loss, infections, tinnitus or ringing on the ears, balance disorders, trauma or fracture of the temporal bone, prominent or large ears (using 'ear pinning' plastic surgery)
- Nose issues - sinus infections, allergies, nasal polyps, smell disorders
- Throat issues - voice and swallowing problems, infections or trauma to the larynx or esophagus, sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea)
- Head and neck problems - infections, trauma, tumors, conditions requiring plastic surgery
Because they perform so many delicate surgeries of the face, otolaryngologists are often sought out as plastic surgeons when facial surgery is required. Their specialized knowledge of the anatomy of the head and face can make a real difference in the outcome of a surgery, from a brow lift to a total facial reconstruction after trauma.
What is Pulmonology?Pulmonology is a subspecialty that focuses on complex diseases of the lungs. In order to diagnose and treat lung disorders, a pulmonologist may also examine the chest, nose, throat, or heart. However, the main function of pulmonology is to make sure the lungs are functioning well. Some of the diseases and disorders that might be treated by a pulmonologist include:
- Mesothelioma and other lung cancers
- Cystic Fibrosis