- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept United Healthcare Catastrophic HMO near Venice, FL.
Dr. Edmund Witkowski's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patient ratings for Dr. Witkowski average 3.5 stars out of 5. He accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Witkowski is a graduate of Medical College of Wisconsin and a graduate of Wilford Hall Medical Center's residency program. He is affiliated with Venice Regional Bayfront Health.
Dr. Joseph Noah's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He practices in Venice, FL and North Port, FL. Dr. Noah's patients gave him an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars. He accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at NYU Langone Medical Center, Dr. Noah attended medical school at New York University (NYU) School of Medicine. He is affiliated with Venice Regional Bayfront Health.
Dr. Tracy Ng works as an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. Dr. Ng takes several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. She studied medicine at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine.