We found 7 providers matching reconstructive surgery and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 near Sarasota, FL.
- Conditions / Treatments▼
- Patient Demographic
- Time Commitments
- Online Communication
- Practice Affiliation
- Medicare Patient Conditions
- Medicare Patient Age
- Medicare Patient Insurance Eligibility
- Medicare Patient Ethnicity
- Medicare Patient Gender
- Medical School
- Years Since Graduation
- Foreign Language
- Additional Information
Dr. Melinda Lacerna is a specialist in plastic surgery. She works in Bradenton, FL and Sarasota, FL. Her areas of expertise include the following: breast reconstruction revision, dermabrasion, and vaginoplasty. She studied medicine at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Dr. Lacerna trained at a hospital affiliated with Temple University for her residency. Patients gave her an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Lacerna is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. She has received the following distinction: RealSelf Top Doctor.
Relevant Interests: , Breast Reconstruction Revision, Belly Button Surgery, Facial Reconstruction, AlloDerm Grafting, Head and Neck Cancer Reconstruction, TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reconstruction
All Interests: Dermabrasion, Vaginoplasty, Vaginal Rejuvenation, Breast Augmentation, Labiaplasty, Butt Augmentatio ... (Read more)
Dr. Marguerite Barnett is a specialist in plastic surgery. She works in Sarasota, FL. Patients gave her an average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Barnett's areas of expertise include eyelid surgery, dermabrasion, and mini tummy tuck. She is professionally affiliated with Venice Regional Bayfront Health. Dr. Barnett is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, BlueOptions, and BlueSelect, as well as other insurance carriers. She attended medical school at Harvard Medical School.
Relevant Interests: , General Reconstruction, Free Flap Breast Reconstruction, Head and Neck Cancer Reconstruction, TRAM Flap Breast Reconstruction, Breast Reconstruction, Burn Reconstruction, Craniofacial Reconstruction, Ear Reconstruction
All Interests: Dermabrasion, Breast Augmentation, Down Syndrome, Butt Augmentation, Chin Implants, Nipple Surgery, ... (Read more)
Dr. Nicholas Monsul works as an ophthalmologist and head and neck plastic surgeon in Sarasota, FL. His patients gave him an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Clinical interests for Dr. Monsul include juvederm, mole removal, and skin rejuvenation. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Monsul takes. Dr. Monsul obtained his medical school training at MCP Hahnemann School of Medicine and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with Yale University. He is affiliated with Sarasota Memorial Main Campus.
Clinical Interests: Injectable Fillers, Juvederm, Restylane, Radiesse, Mole Removal, Skin Rejuvenation, Scar Removal, Bo ... (Read more)
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 210
- Charge (avg.): $1,325 - $2,449
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $677 - $1,340
Dr. Robert Hillstrom's specialties are otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) and head & neck plastic surgery. He practices in Sarasota, FL. Patients rated him highly, giving him an average of 4.5 stars out of 5. Clinical interests for Dr. Hillstrom include eyelid surgery, facelift, and restylane. Dr. Hillstrom honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Hillstrom attended Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at a hospital affiliated with Wayne State University.
Clinical Interests: Eyelid Surgery, Septoplasty, Botox Injection, Laser Resurfacing, Intense Pulsed Light Therapy, Chin ... (Read more)
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 13
- Charge (avg.): $1,942
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $668
Dr. Steven Burnett is a surgical dermatology specialist in Sarasota, FL. These areas are among his clinical interests: dermabrasion, skin lightening, and voluma. He is rated highly by his patients. Dr. Burnett takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. He attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Dr. Burnett completed his residency training at Loma Linda University Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of South Florida (USF).
Relevant Interests: , Facial Reconstruction
All Interests: Dermabrasion, Sclerotherapy, Juvederm, Chemical Peels, YAG Laser Surgery, Facial Problems, Rosacea, ... (Read more)
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 402
- Charge (avg.): $397 - $1,049
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $384 - $1,049
Dr. Lennox Hoyte specializes in urogynecology. Before completing his residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Hoyte attended medical school at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Hoyte is especially interested in pelvic floor dysfunction. Patient ratings for Dr. Hoyte average 4.5 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. He has received the distinction of Florida Super Doctors 2009 - Gulf Coast Edition. In addition to English, Dr. Hoyte speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Memorial Hospital of Tampa.
Clinical Interests: Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
2013 Procedure Details
- Volume: 37
- Charge (avg.): $1,942 - $3,180
- Negotiated Rate (avg.): $650 - $972
complex wound repair or delayed primary wound closure and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (8), adjacent tissue transfer and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (13), breast reconstruction revision and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (2), posterior colphorrhaphy and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (2), total hip replacement and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (11), full-thickness skin grafting and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (6), pedicled flap reconstruction, formation, or delay procedure and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (7), laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (1), total knee replacement and who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (15)
plastic surgeons who accept BlueSelect Everyday Health 1449 (30)?
- Cosmetic surgery, intended to enhance the appearance. These procedures are usually considered elective, although they can be psychologically very important to patients. Cosmetic procedures seek to increase physical beauty, and can include facelifts, liposuction, and nose jobs.
- Reconstructive surgery, to correct the appearance. Often these procedures are considered medically necessary and treat patients who are experiencing negative effects due to an aspect of their appearance. Procedures that can be considered reconstructive may include the removal of birthmarks and scars, repairs after serious accidents, and the correction of problems such as cleft palate.
- Medical treatments that do not involve surgery. This category of procedures includes Botox, wrinkle treatments, injectable fillers, or medical skin products.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Fingers that cannot be straightened, such as with Dupuytren’s contracture
- Deformities of the fingers, such as syndactyly (webbed or fused fingers) or polydactyly (extra fingers)
- Wrist or hand pain
- Serious injuries of the hand or wrist, including burns and sports injuries
- Reattachment of severed fingers or creation of prosthetics
Orthopedic surgeons, sometimes just called orthopedists, are surgical doctors of the musculoskeletal system. They work to keep your body active and in motion by treating problems with your bones, joints, tendons and muscles. The most frequently treated disorder seen by orthopedic surgeons is osteoarthritis, a common “wear-and-tear” problem where the cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones wears down, causing friction and pain. Orthopedic surgeons might also see patients for bone and joint deformities, amputation, infections of the bone and joint, overuse injuries, or nerve compression.
Orthopedic surgeons can order tests such as blood work and x-rays to get a clearer picture of the issue. Depending on the illness or injury, more than one different form of treatment may be used. Treatment may include:
- Surgery, such as fusing bones together to increase stability, or replacing a joint
- Medication, such as pain medication or steroids to promote healing
- Casts, splints, or orthotics (devices such as braces or shoe inserts to support the body)
- Physical therapy, a kind of treatment using exercise, stretching, heat, and massage to heal the body
- Exercise, stretching, movement, and use of the affected part
Orthopedic surgeons also work to prevent injuries and slow the progression of disease in their patients. They educate patients on ways to prevent future injuries, and they treat illness in order to prevent further damage to bones or joints that may be affected by disease. The goal of an orthopedic surgeon is to help their patients restore movement and regain an active life.