- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Platinum HMO near Pensacola, FL.
Dr. Mark Kummer, who practices in Pensacola, FL, is a medical specialist in pediatric endocrinology. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at Emory University School of Medicine.
Dr. Howard Heinze is a medical specialist in pediatric endocrinology. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Heinze accepts. He graduated from the University of Toledo College of Medicine.