We found 2 providers with an interest in aging and who accept Gold Compass 1500 near Miami, FL.
Dr. Andres Nazario specializes in family therapy and psychology. Clinical interests for Dr. Nazario include depression, narrative therapy, and domestic abuse. Dr. Nazario is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. In addition to English, he speaks Spanish. He welcomes new patients.
Relevant Interests: , Aging
All Interests: Depression, Developmental Disabilities, Men's Health Issues, Feminist Therapy, Eating Disorders, Nar ... (Read more)
Ms. Lisset Morales specializes in counseling. Her areas of expertise include terminal illness, substance abuse, and depression. She accepts several insurance carriers, including United Healthcare HMO, United Healthcare Compass, and United Healthcare Navigate.
Relevant Interests: , Aging
All Interests: Depression, Grief, Substance Abuse, Couples Therapy, Mental Health Issues, Terminal Illness, Aging, ... (Read more)
psychologists who accept Gold Compass 1500 (326)?
- Parkinson’s disease
- Traumatic brain injury
- Seizure disorders
- Developmental disorders affecting the brain
- Neurological effects of medical conditions or treatments
- Organization, reasoning, or logic
- Oppositional or defiant behavior
- Depression or Anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Compulsive behaviors
- Developmental delays
- Coping with physical illness, including terminal illness and pain
Geriatrics is the subspecialty of internal medicine that provides primary care to older adults. Physical health tends to decline with age, and geriatricians work to manage such age-related concerns as chronic illness, frailty, multiple medications, and declining mental health to keep seniors as active and independent as possible.
Some of the most common concerns seen by a geriatrician include:
- Mobility issues, including the need for canes and walkers, as well as preventing falls
- Osteoporosis, a weakening of the bones, which affects as many as a quarter of all men and half of all women over fifty
- Loss of hearing or vision
- Incontinence, or the inability to control one’s bladder
- Memory loss, including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
A geriatrician may also provide their patients with comprehensive care that includes checking on their social health. Seniors are at increased risk for poverty, loneliness, abuse, and injuries in the home. As part of their health care, a geriatrician may inquire about family support, living conditions, or the ability of a patient to perform daily self-care tasks.
In some cases, a geriatrician may serve as an advisor to other physicians on a specific case or condition. However, most of the time geriatrics is a primary care specialty, and geriatricians provide routine health care to the older patients they work with.