- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept MyBlue Silver 1604 near Fort Myers, FL.
Dr. Sandra Collins specializes in hand surgery, orthopedics/orthopedic surgery, and sports medicine. Dr. Collins is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Medicine. For her professional training, Dr. Collins completed a residency program at the University of Maryland Medical Center.
Dr. John Mehalik's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Mehalik honors. He is a graduate of the University of Toledo College of Medicine.
Dr. Daniel Harmon works as an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist in Fort Myers, FL. Dr. Harmon studied medicine at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Harmon honors.