- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Humana Gold near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Dr. Lital Reitblat practices pediatric endocrinology. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health. After completing medical school at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Dr. Reitblat performed her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. She honors several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Maria Barrueco-Casariego practices rehabilitative services and pediatric endocrinology in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Barrueco-Casariego is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC). Before completing her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Dr. Barrueco-Casariego attended medical school at Central University of the East School of Medicine. She honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Ernesto Blanco works as a pediatric endocrinologist. He is conversant in Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC). Dr. Blanco studied medicine at Central University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. Dr. Blanco trained at a hospital affiliated with Stony Brook University Medical Center for residency. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more.