- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept BlueCare near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Dr. Lital Reitblat specializes in pediatric endocrinology. She is conversant in Spanish. She is professionally affiliated with Broward Health. Dr. Reitblat graduated from the University of Florida College of Medicine and then she performed her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Reitblat honors.
Dr. Maria Barrueco-Casariego works as a reproductive endocrinologist, rehabilitative services provider, and pediatric endocrinologist. She is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC). Before completing her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Dr. Barrueco-Casariego attended medical school at Central University of the East School of Medicine. She accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
Dr. Ernesto Blanco works as a pediatric endocrinologist. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, and more. Before completing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Stony Brook University Medical Center, Dr. Blanco attended medical school at Central University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. In addition to English, Dr. Blanco speaks Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC).