- Growth disorders, which prevent children from growing or maturing as expected
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary or adrenal disorders
- Sex hormone disorders, where the body produces either too little or too much of the hormones that affect puberty and sexual development
- Unexplained obesity
- Intersex, a group of conditions that make a person's sex unclear
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Problems with calcium metabolism
- Treatment for transgender children, who feel they do not match the gender associated with their external genitalia (many, but not all, pediatric endocrinology offices provide this service)
We found 3 pediatric endocrinologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Dr. Lital Reitblat practices pediatric endocrinology in Fort Lauderdale, FL. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Reitblat obtained her medical school training at the University of Florida College of Medicine and performed her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. She speaks Spanish. Dr. Reitblat is affiliated with Broward Health.
Dr. Maria Barrueco-Casariego is a specialist in reproductive endocrinology and infertility, rehabilitative services, and pediatric endocrinology. She works in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Dr. Barrueco-Casariego is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. She attended Central University of the East School of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. She is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC).
Dr. Ernesto Blanco's specialty is pediatric endocrinology. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO. Dr. Blanco studied medicine at Central University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. His training includes a residency program at a hospital affiliated with Stony Brook University Medical Center. In addition to English, he speaks Spanish. Dr. Blanco is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC).