We found 2 sports medicine providers who accept United Healthcare Catastrophic near Delray Beach, FL.
Dr. Marc Matarazzo is a medical specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. His education and training includes medical school at Temple University School of Medicine and residency at Hahnemann University Hospital. Awards and/or distinctions Dr. Matarazzo has received include South Florida Super Doctors and Boca Raton Super Doctors. Dr. Matarazzo is conversant in Spanish. He is professionally affiliated with Bethesda Health.
Dr. David Simpson's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is affiliated with Bethesda Health. Before completing his residency at Tufts Medical Center, Dr. Simpson attended medical school at the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Dr. Simpson's average rating from his patients is 2.5 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO.
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury