We found 5 immunologists who accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida BlueOptions Everyday Health Premier near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman is an allergy & immunology specialist. On average, patients gave him a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Gershman is professionally affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital, Nicklaus Children's Hospital, and Memorial Health System. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).
Dr. Rafael Busto is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. He is affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC). Dr. Busto attended medical school at Spain. He trained at Jackson Memorial Medical Center for his residency. Dr. Busto's average patient rating is 3.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Maureen Miller's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. She is affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs. She attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Dr. Miller is rated 4.0 stars out of 5 by her patients. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Miller takes. She has received professional recognition including the following: Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors.
Dr. Robert Schramm works as an allergist/immunologist in Boca Raton, FL. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 4.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff is a Boca Raton, FL physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. Dr. Shookoff is in-network for Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers.
- HIV / AIDS
- Organ transplants, where the immune system must be suppressed to prevent infection
- Primary immunodeficiencies, a number of rare disorders that make patients unusually susceptible to infections
- If the immune system is overreacting and attacking one’s own body instead of foreign material, the result can be inflammation and autoimmune disorders. Some diseases caused by an overactive immune system include rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia. Overactive immune disorders are most often treated by a rheumatologist.
- If the immune system is misfiring and reacting to harmless material, the result is allergies or asthma. Sometimes these immune responses are so extreme that they can be life-threatening. Severe allergies can be treated by an allergist-immunologist.
- Sometimes infections overwhelm the immune system. A physician who studies how the immune system responds to infection and how infections spread is called an infectious disease specialist. Infectious disease specialists may treat such serious illnesses as MRSA, lyme disease, or tuberculosis. Of all the immunology-related specialties, there is the most overlap between infectious disease management and clinical immunology because patients with weakened immune systems are more likely to catch diseases.