- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 5 allergist/immunologists who accept Humana Simplicity near Boca Raton, FL.
Dr. Neil Gershman is an allergy & immunology specialist. Dr. Gershman is rated 4.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. He is affiliated with Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Memorial Regional Hospital (Hollywood, FL) - Main Campus, and Broward Health. He honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), Dr. Gershman attended medical school at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine.
Dr. Robert Schramm's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. His average patient rating is 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Schramm honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Rafael Busto's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. On average, patients gave him a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. Dr. Busto studied medicine at Spain. Dr. Busto's training includes a residency program at Jackson Memorial Medical Center. He is professionally affiliated with Broward Health Medical Center (BHMC).
Dr. Maureen Miller specializes in allergy & immunology and practices in Boca Raton, FL, Coral Springs, FL, and Fort Lauderdale, FL. She is rated 4.0 stars out of 5 by her patients. Dr. Miller honors Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO, as well as other insurance carriers. She graduated from the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine. Awards and/or distinctions she has received include Florida Super Doctors 2009 - South Florida Edition; Florida Super Doctors; and South Florida Super Doctors. She is affiliated with Broward Health Coral Springs.
Dr. Charlene Shookoff's medical specialty is allergy & immunology. Blue Cross Blue Shield EPO, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Shookoff takes.