- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 3 allergist/immunologists who accept Health Net PPO near San Ramon, CA.
Dr. Matthew Lodewick is a specialist in pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. He works in Walnut Creek, CA, Berkeley, CA, and San Ramon, CA. He has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Lodewick honors. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Washington, Dr. Lodewick attended the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine. He has received the following distinction: San Francisco Super Doctors. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Network, SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, and Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG). Dr. Lodewick's practice is open to new patients.
Dr. Barbara Karpel is a physician who specializes in pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. Dr. Karpel honors Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, as well as other insurance carriers. Before performing her residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Karpel attended SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences for medical school. She has received professional recognition including the following: San Francisco Super Doctors. Her professional affiliations include SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, and John Muir Physician Network. Dr. Karpel is accepting new patients.
Dr. Shilpi Anand, who practices in Walnut Creek, CA, Pleasanton, CA, and San Ramon, CA, is a medical specialist in allergy & immunology. Dr. Anand is affiliated with John Muir Physician Network. She is an in-network provider for Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, in addition to other insurance carriers. She studied medicine at Albany Medical College. She trained at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital for residency.