- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 3 allergist/immunologists who accept Health Net PPO near San Ramon, CA.
Dr. Matthew Lodewick's medical specialty is pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. He has a 4.5 out of 5 star average patient rating. Dr. Lodewick is an in-network provider for Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, CIGNA Plans, and more. After attending the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, he completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Washington. He has received the distinction of San Francisco Super Doctors. Dr. Lodewick's professional affiliations include SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, Sutter Medical Network, and Alta Bates Medical Group (ABMG). He welcomes new patients.
Dr. Barbara Karpel is a pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology specialist in Walnut Creek, CA, San Ramon, CA, and Pleasanton, CA. She is professionally affiliated with SEBMF - Diablo Division Community Provider Network, John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek, and John Muir Physician Network. Dr. Karpel is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. She is open to new patients. She attended SUNY, University at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences and then went on to complete her residency at Montefiore Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She has received the following distinction: San Francisco Super Doctors.
Dr. Shilpi Anand is a physician who specializes in allergy & immunology. She attended Albany Medical College for medical school and subsequently trained at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital for residency. Dr. Anand is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Shield, Health Net, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. She is professionally affiliated with John Muir Physician Network.