Home > Search Results
We found 25 pediatricians near Porterville, CA.
Specializes in Pediatrics (Child & Adolescent Medicine)
Average rating 4.75 stars out of 5 (2 ratings)
Address: 1107 W Poplar Avenue, Porterville, CA 93257
"I was in search of a pediatrician last minute and a friend recommended Dr Cometa. She was very helpful and put my mind at ease. "April 12, 2017
What is General Pediatrics?General Pediatrics is defined simply as the medical care of children and adolescents. It is one of the broadest specialties, delivering care to patients from birth through young adulthood, and encompassing everything from preventive health to the management of acute and chronic illness. Pediatricians care for the physical, emotional, behavioral, developmental, and social problems that affect children and teens. A general pediatrician has a wide variety of responsibilities, including:
- The management and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Discouraging the spread of serious illness in children, through education and vaccination
- Monitoring patients' physical and developmental growth
- Performing routine health screenings
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle
- Guiding parents in all areas of parenting, from offering reassurance to giving advice on everything related to their child, such as feeding, safety, and education
Selecting a checkbox option will refresh the page.