- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Health Net near Napa, CA.
Dr. Stephen Franzino is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist. Clinical interests for Dr. Franzino include arthroscopic surgery, replacement arthroplasty (joint replacement), and sports health. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Sutter Medical Group (SMG) Solano Community Provider Network (CPN) and Adventist Health System. Dr. Franzino is a graduate of the University of Southern California (USC), Keck School of Medicine. His medical residency was performed at Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center and a hospital affiliated with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Franzino accepts Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and CIGNA Plans, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is accepting new patients.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Knee Problems, Arthroscopic Surgery, ... (Read more)
Dr. Brian Freeto's medical specialty is orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Dr. Freeto honors Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage, as well as other insurance carriers. His education and training includes medical school at Wayne State University School of Medicine and residency at a hospital affiliated with Medical College of Wisconsin. He is affiliated with Adventist Health System.
Dr. John Diana specializes in orthopedic trauma, adult orthopedic reconstructive surgery, and sports medicine. He takes Anthem, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Western Health Advantage, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended Indiana University School of Medicine and then went on to complete his residency at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Diana is professionally affiliated with Adventist Health System.