We found 4 providers with an interest in thyroid surgery and who accept Anthem Blue Cross of California near Dublin, CA.
facial plastic surgeons who accept Anthem Blue Cross of California (1)?
What is Facial Plastic Surgery?Facial plastic surgeons are physicians who provide surgical or medical treatment to change the appearance of the face, head, or neck. We communicate a great deal through tiny, natural movements of the face, so the work of a facial plastic surgeon requires an unusually high level of skill. Facial plastic surgeons provide a number of treatment options, such as:
- Cosmetic surgery, intended to enhance the appearance. These procedures are usually considered elective, although they can be psychologically very important to patients. Cosmetic procedures seek to increase physical beauty, and can include facelifts, liposuction, and nose jobs.
- Reconstructive surgery, to correct the appearance. Often these procedures are considered medically necessary and treat patients who are experiencing negative effects due to an aspect of their appearance. Procedures that can be considered reconstructive may include the removal of birthmarks and scars, repairs after serious accidents, and the correction of problems such as cleft palate.
- Medical treatments that do not involve surgery. This category of procedures includes Botox, wrinkle treatments, injectable fillers, or medical skin products.
What is Otolaryngology?
Otolaryngologists are also called 'ENTs' because their area of specialty is the ears, nose, and throat. Otolaryngologists treat most of the diseases and disorders that affect the head or neck. They can provide routine medical care, such as giving hearing tests or treating chronic conditions such as allergies. Otolaryngologists also perform a number of surgeries on the head and neck. Some of the illnesses and issues that otolaryngologists treat include:
- Ear problems - hearing loss, infections, tinnitus or ringing on the ears, balance disorders, trauma or fracture of the temporal bone, prominent or large ears (using 'ear pinning' plastic surgery)
- Nose issues - sinus infections, allergies, nasal polyps, smell disorders
- Throat issues - voice and swallowing problems, infections or trauma to the larynx or esophagus, sleep disorders (such as sleep apnea)
- Head and neck problems - infections, trauma, tumors, conditions requiring plastic surgery
Because they perform so many delicate surgeries of the face, otolaryngologists are often sought out as plastic surgeons when facial surgery is required. Their specialized knowledge of the anatomy of the head and face can make a real difference in the outcome of a surgery, from a brow lift to a total facial reconstruction after trauma.
What is General Surgery?A general surgeon is a specialist who performs many different kinds of operations, with a focus on those located in the chest and abdomen. General surgeons have specific knowledge about anatomy, surgical techniques, and wound care that allows them to excel at a wide variety of procedures. While a general surgeon can perform many different kinds of operations, there are a few types that are most common in general surgery. They include:
- Mastectomies and breast cancer removal
- Laparoscopic abdominal surgery, including hernia repairs and weight loss surgery
- Colorectal surgery to treat conditions such as intestinal polyps or Crohn?s disease
- Abdominal transplants, such as kidney transplants or liver transplants
- Emergency surgery, performing all different kinds of needed surgery in an emergency department