We found 3 sports medicine providers near Altoona, WI.
Dr. Troy Berg's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He practices in Altoona, WI. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota, Dr. Berg attended the University of Minnesota Medical School. His patients gave him an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars. Dr. Berg accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. Edgar Hicks works as an orthopedic trauma specialist, pediatric orthopedic surgeon, and hand surgeon in Eau Claire, WI. He honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine.
Dr. John Drawbert's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. On average, patients gave Dr. Drawbert a rating of 3.0 stars out of 5. He honors several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. He studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury