- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers near Altoona, WI.
Dr. Troy Berg's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Dr. Berg graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School. He is rated 5.0 stars out of 5 by his patients. He takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic.
Dr. John Drawbert's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.5 stars out of 5. Dr. Drawbert is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Edgar Hicks' specialties are orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics/orthopedic surgery, and hand surgery. He practices in Eau Claire, WI. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Hicks accepts.