We found 3 sports medicine providers near Altoona, WI.
Dr. Troy Berg is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist. His average rating from his patients is 5.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Berg graduated from the University of Minnesota Medical School. Dr. Berg completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Edgar Hicks sees patients in Eau Claire, WI. His medical specialties are orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics/orthopedic surgery, and hand surgery. Dr. Hicks is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine.
Dr. John Drawbert is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist in Altoona, WI. He has received a 3.0 out of 5 star rating by his patients. He accepts Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Drawbert studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury