We found 3 sports medicine providers near Altoona, WI.
Dr. Troy Berg sees patients in Altoona, WI. His medical specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 5.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Berg is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. His education and training includes medical school at the University of Minnesota Medical School and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota.
Dr. Edgar Hicks is an orthopedic traumatologist, pediatric orthopedist, and hand surgeon in Eau Claire, WI. He attended medical school at the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine. Dr. Hicks takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers.
Dr. John Drawbert is an orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine specialist in Altoona, WI. On average, patients gave him a rating of 3.0 stars out of 5. He is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. Dr. Drawbert studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury