We found 3 sports medicine providers near Altoona, WI.
Dr. Troy Berg is an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist in Altoona, WI. Dr. Berg attended the University of Minnesota Medical School and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota for residency. The average patient rating for Dr. Berg is 5.0 stars out of 5. He takes Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, as well as other insurance carriers.
Dr. Edgar Hicks is an Eau Claire, WI physician who specializes in orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics/orthopedic surgery, and hand surgery. He accepts several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. Dr. Hicks is a graduate of the University of Iowa, Carver College of Medicine.
Dr. John Drawbert's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Patient reviews placed him at an average of 3.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Drawbert is in-network for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic, in addition to other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Conditions
- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury