We found 3 cardiologists who accept Medicare near Norton, VA.
Dr. Michael Ponder practices adult cardiology. His average rating from his patients is 4.0 stars out of 5. Dr. Ponder takes several insurance carriers, including Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic. His education and training includes medical school at East Carolina University, The Brody School of Medicine and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Tennessee. He is professionally affiliated with Johnston Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Francis Jaynal's areas of specialization are adult critical care and adult cardiology; he sees patients in Norton, VA and Big Stone Gap, VA. He honors Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Dr. Jaynal graduated from the University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. Awards and/or distinctions he has received include Certification by ABQAURP, ABQAURP and Certification in Electrocardiograms, American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Larry Breeding works as a cardiologist. He is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Breeding graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine. He completed his residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Kentucky. Dr. Breeding is an in-network provider for Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow