We found 3 cardiologists who accept Medicare near Norton, VA.
Dr. Francis Jaynal, who practices in Norton, VA and Big Stone Gap, VA, is a medical specialist in adult critical care and adult cardiology. He attended medical school at the University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Jaynal takes Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Awards and/or distinctions he has received include Certification by ABQAURP, ABQAURP and Certification in Electrocardiograms, American College of Cardiology.
Dr. Michael Ponder practices adult cardiology. He is affiliated with Johnston Memorial Hospital. Before performing his residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Tennessee, Dr. Ponder attended East Carolina University, The Brody School of Medicine. Patients gave Dr. Ponder an average rating of 4.0 stars out of 5. Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, and Humana Catastrophic are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Ponder honors.
Dr. Larry Breeding is an adult cardiology specialist. Dr. Breeding honors Humana HMO, Humana Bronze, Humana Catastrophic, and more. He attended Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) School of Medicine and subsequently trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of Kentucky for residency. He is conversant in Spanish.
Conditions / Treatments
Medicare Patient Ethnicity
- Hypertension, or high blood pressure
- Heart attack prevention and treatment
- Congestive Heart Failure, where the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of the body
- Heart transplant evaluation and care after surgery
- Peripheral vascular disease, where arteries in the limbs narrow and reduce blood flow
- Aneurysm, or a swelling in the blood vessels
- Coronary Artery Disease, where the blood vessels delivering oxygen and nutrients to the heart become blocked
- An electrocardiogram, which checks the heart’s electrical activity
- X-rays to see tissues more clearly
- Cardiac catheterization, where a small tube is directed into the heart to test pressure, oxygen levels, and blood flow