We found 6 neonatologists near Lynchburg, VA.
Dr. Syed Ahmad's area of specialization is neonatology. He studied medicine at Dow Medical College. He completed his residency training at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Ahmad takes Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Dr. Ahmad (or staff) speaks Urdu and Hindi. Dr. Ahmad's hospital/clinic affiliations include Virginia Baptist Hospital and Lynchburg General Hospital.
Dr. Samuel Willinger is a neonatologist. Before performing his residency at Brooklyn Jewish Medical Center, Dr. Willinger attended the University of Liege Faculty of Medicine for medical school.
Dr. Donna Cothran's area of specialization is neonatology. Dr. Cothran takes Medicaid insurance. She studied medicine at Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine. She completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama. She is professionally affiliated with Virginia Baptist Hospital.
Dr. Katherine Nichols' area of specialization is neonatology. She graduated from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and then she performed her residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital. She has received the distinction of Alpha Omega Alpha, Northwestern University Medical School. Dr. Nichols is affiliated with Centra.
Dr. Allen Majewski works as a neonatologist in Lynchburg, VA. He studied medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat