We found 6 neonatologists near Lynchburg, VA.
Dr. Syed Ahmad's area of specialization is neonatology. He is professionally affiliated with Virginia Baptist Hospital and Lynchburg General Hospital. He accepts Medicaid and Medicare insurance. Dr. Ahmad obtained his medical school training at Dow Medical College and performed his residency at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center. In addition to English, Dr. Ahmad (or staff) speaks Urdu and Hindi.
Dr. Samuel Willinger is a neonatologist. He attended medical school at the University of Liege Faculty of Medicine. His residency was performed at Brooklyn Jewish Medical Center.
Dr. Donna Cothran's area of specialization is neonatology. Dr. Cothran is affiliated with Virginia Baptist Hospital. She takes Medicaid insurance. She attended Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine and then went on to complete her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Alabama.
Dr. Katherine Nichols' specialty is neonatology. She graduated from Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine and then she performed her residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Nichols has received the distinction of Alpha Omega Alpha, Northwestern University Medical School. She is professionally affiliated with Centra.
Dr. Allen Majewski is a Lynchburg, VA physician who specializes in neonatology. He is a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans.
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat