- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Humana near Waco, TX.
Dr. Reed Bartz's specialties are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. Dr. Bartz's average patient rating is 1.5 stars out of 5. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze. He obtained his medical school training at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine and performed his residency at a hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Hip Problems, Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Lower ... (Read more)
Dr. Nolan Malthesen's areas of specialization are orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is affiliated with Texas Health Resources. He attended the University of Kansas School of Medicine and subsequently trained at JPS Health Network for residency. Dr. Malthesen takes Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Malthesen has received the following distinction: Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Christopher Miars practices family medicine and sports medicine in Waco, TX. Dr. Miars takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. He studied medicine at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.