- Acute sports injuries (sprains, fractures)
- Overuse injuries (tendonitis, bursitis)
- Head injuries (concussion)
- Heat injuries (heat stroke)
- Athletes with chronic illness (asthma, diabetes, heart disease) and how their illness is affected by exercise
- Nutrition and the use of supplements
- Developing a safe exercise plan for obese or sedentary patients
- Substance abuse of performance-enhancing drugs
- Teaching proper form and technique to reduce the chance of injury
We found 3 sports medicine providers who accept Humana HMO Open Access Copay 100/1000 near Waco, TX.
Dr. Reed Bartz is a specialist in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine. He is rated 1.5 stars out of 5 by his patients. Dr. Bartz accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at a hospital affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, Dr. Bartz attended medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine.
Clinical interests: Sports Health, Hip Problems, Wrist Problems, Elbow Problems, Shoulder Problems, Fractures, Lower ... (Read more)
Dr. Nolan Malthesen specializes in orthopedics/orthopedic surgery and sports medicine and practices in Waco, TX, Fort Worth, TX, and Benbrook, TX. Dr. Malthesen is professionally affiliated with Texas Health Resources. He is a graduate of the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He trained at JPS Health Network for residency. He accepts Aetna EPO, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and more. He has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Rising Stars.
Dr. Christopher Miars' specialties are family medicine and sports medicine. Dr. Miars graduated from the University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more.