- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 3 allergist/immunologists who accept Private Healthcare Systems near The Woodlands, TX.
Dr. Louise Bethea works as a pediatric allergist and immunologist in The Woodlands, TX and Houston, TX. In addition to English, Dr. Bethea speaks Spanish. She is affiliated with Tomball Regional Medical Center, Houston Methodist, and Houston Northwest Medical Center. She obtained her medical school training at the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and performed her residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. She is rated 3.5 stars out of 5 by her patients. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Bethea takes. She has received the following distinction: Texas Super Doctors. She is accepting new patients.
Dr. Enrique Quintero's area of specialization is pediatric allergy & immunology. His clinical interests include sinusitis (sinus infection), contact dermatitis, and hay fever (allergic rhinitis). Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Quintero takes. He is a graduate of the University of Monterrey Faculty of Medicine. He has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors. He is affiliated with Texas Children's Hospital, Houston Methodist, and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. Dr. Quintero is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Contact Dermatitis, Sleep Apnea, Lung Problems, Sinusitis, Asthma, Hives, Hay Fever
Dr. Robert Burress is an allergist/immunologist in Houston, TX and The Woodlands, TX. His areas of expertise consist of sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. His hospital/clinic affiliations include Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. Dr. Burress is an in-network provider for Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, United Healthcare Choice, and more. He has an open panel. He is a graduate of the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine and the University of Florida College of Medicine. For his residency, Dr. Burress trained at Wilford Hall Medical Center.
Clinical interests: Lung Problems, Sinusitis, Asthma, Hives, Hay Fever