- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 3 allergist/immunologists who accept Private Healthcare Systems near The Woodlands, TX.
Dr. Louise Bethea is a specialist in pediatric allergy & immunology. She works in The Woodlands, TX and Houston, TX. Her patients gave her an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars. Dr. Bethea's professional affiliations include Tomball Regional Medical Center, Houston Methodist, and Houston Northwest Medical Center. She honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Coventry, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, as well as other insurance carriers. She welcomes new patients. She graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine and then she performed her residency at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Dr. Bethea has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors. In addition to English, she speaks Spanish.
Dr. Enrique Quintero's specialty is pediatric allergy & immunology. Areas of expertise for Dr. Quintero include sinusitis (sinus infection), contact dermatitis, and hay fever (allergic rhinitis). Dr. Quintero's hospital/clinic affiliations include Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston Methodist, and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. He attended medical school at the University of Monterrey Faculty of Medicine. He takes Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Quintero has received the distinction of Texas Super Doctors. He has an open panel.
Clinical interests: Contact Dermatitis, Sleep Apnea, Lung Problems, Sinusitis, Asthma, Hives, Hay Fever
Dr. Robert Burress is an allergist/immunologist in Houston, TX and The Woodlands, TX. Dr. Burress attended medical school at the University of South Florida (USF) College of Medicine and the University of Florida College of Medicine. His training includes a residency program at Wilford Hall Medical Center. He is especially interested in sinusitis (sinus infection), hay fever (allergic rhinitis), and asthma. Dr. Burress honors Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and United Healthcare Choice, as well as other insurance carriers. He is affiliated with Houston Methodist and Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital. His practice is open to new patients.
Clinical interests: Lung Problems, Sinusitis, Asthma, Hives, Hay Fever