We found 3 neonatologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO near Temple, TX.
Dr. Vinayak Govande's medical specialty is neonatology. He is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Blue Choice, and more. He attended Seth G.S. Medical College for medical school and subsequently trained at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center for residency. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Govande include: Winner of pediatric residents quiz, Brookdale University Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Winner of post-graduate pediatric quiz competition, Mumbai, India; and Bai Jairam Berry Gold Medal in Pharmacology and Pharmacotheraputics, University of Mumbai, India. Dr. Govande (or staff) is conversant in Marathi and Hindi. He is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Premature Babies, Newborn Care
Dr. Bharat Nandgaonkar is a neonatology specialist in Houston, TX, Killeen, TX, and Temple, TX. He honors Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing his residency at Duke University Medical Center, Dr. Nandgaonkar attended medical school at the University of Mumbai and Topiwala National Medical College. He is professionally affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Dr. Shanti Reddy is a specialist in hospital medicine (hospitalist) and neonatology. She attended medical school at Osmania Medical College. For her residency, Dr. Reddy trained at a hospital affiliated with the University of North Carolina (UNC). She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. She is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Conditions / Treatments
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat