We found 3 neonatologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO near Temple, TX.
Dr. Vinayak Govande practices neonatology. Dr. Govande takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, and Blue Choice, in addition to other insurance carriers. He is a graduate of Seth G.S. Medical College and a graduate of Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center's residency program. Awards and/or distinctions he has received include Winner of pediatric residents quiz, Brookdale University Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Winner of post-graduate pediatric quiz competition, Mumbai, India; and Bai Jairam Berry Gold Medal in Pharmacology and Pharmacotheraputics, University of Mumbai, India. Dr. Govande (or staff) speaks Marathi and Hindi. Dr. Govande is professionally affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Premature Babies, Newborn Care
Dr. Bharat Nandgaonkar specializes in neonatology and practices in Houston, TX, Killeen, TX, and Temple, TX. He graduated from the University of Mumbai and Topiwala National Medical College and then he performed his residency at Duke University Medical Center. He accepts Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Nandgaonkar is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Dr. Shanti Reddy's areas of specialization are hospital medicine (hospitalist) and neonatology. She is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. Dr. Reddy is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Before completing her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of North Carolina (UNC), Dr. Reddy attended medical school at Osmania Medical College.
Conditions / Treatments
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat