We found 3 neonatologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO near Temple, TX.
Dr. Vinayak Govande practices neonatology. He is professionally affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. Dr. Govande takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, and Blue Choice, as well as other insurance carriers. He attended Seth G.S. Medical College and then went on to complete his residency at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Govande include: Winner of pediatric residents quiz, Brookdale University Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Winner of post-graduate pediatric quiz competition, Mumbai, India; and Bai Jairam Berry Gold Medal in Pharmacology and Pharmacotheraputics, University of Mumbai, India. In addition to English, Dr. Govande (or staff) speaks Marathi and Hindi.
Clinical interests: Premature Babies, Newborn Care
Dr. Bharat Nandgaonkar specializes in neonatology. He is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. Dr. Nandgaonkar attended medical school at the University of Mumbai and Topiwala National Medical College. For his residency, Dr. Nandgaonkar trained at Duke University Medical Center.
Dr. Shanti Reddy practices hospital medicine (hospitalist) and neonatology in Temple, TX, Round Rock, TX, and Conroe, TX. She is professionally affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. She is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, as well as other insurance carriers. After attending Osmania Medical College for medical school, Dr. Reddy completed her residency training at a hospital affiliated with the University of North Carolina (UNC).
Conditions / Treatments
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat