We found 4 neonatologists who accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze near Temple, TX.
Dr. Vinayak Govande specializes in neonatology. He takes Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, and Blue Choice, in addition to other insurance carriers. Dr. Govande graduated from Seth G.S. Medical College and then he performed his residency at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center. He has received the following distinctions: Winner of pediatric residents quiz, Brookdale University Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY; Winner of post-graduate pediatric quiz competition, Mumbai, India; and Bai Jairam Berry Gold Medal in Pharmacology and Pharmacotheraputics, University of Mumbai, India. In addition to English, Dr. Govande (or staff) speaks Marathi and Hindi. Dr. Govande is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Newborn Care, Premature Infant
Dr. Bharat Nandgaonkar is a specialist in neonatology. He works in Houston, TX, Killeen, TX, and Waco, TX. He is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. Before performing his residency at Duke University Medical Center, Dr. Nandgaonkar attended the University of Mumbai and Topiwala National Medical College for medical school. He is in-network for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold.
Dr. Shanti Reddy is a specialist in hospital medicine (hospitalist) and neonatology. She is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare. Dr. Reddy is an in-network provider for several insurance carriers, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold. After completing medical school at Osmania Medical College, she performed her residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of North Carolina (UNC).
Dr. Emmanuel Kling's specialty is neonatology. He is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Blue Choice, and more.
Conditions / Treatments
Years Since Graduation
- Breathing and lung problems, including apnea
- Temperature regulation
- Jaundice, a condition that causes yellowing of the skin (jaundice is common in newborns but can sometimes lead to serious complications)
- An underdeveloped digestive system, which poses a nutritional challenge
- An underdeveloped neurological system, which can lead to problems breathing, sucking, and swallowing
- Asphyxia, or a lack of oxygen, during birth
- Congenital birth abnormalities
- Infections such as pneumonia or meningitis
- Hyperbilirubinemia, or severe jaundice
- Injuries obtained during the birth process
- Bradycardia, or an unusually slow heartbeat