- Allergies affecting the respiratory tract, such as allergic rhinitis (hay fever) or asthma.
- Allergies affecting the skin, such as eczema, hives, welts, and allergic rashes.
- Adverse reactions to substances such as foods, drugs and vaccines, or stinging insects.
- Autoimmune diseases, where the immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. Some examples are rheumatoid arthritis, where the immune system attacks the joints; celiac disease, where the lining of the small intestine is damaged; and Sjogren’s syndrome, where the glands producing tears and saliva are attacked.
- Certain diseases of the immune system, such as antibody deficiencies, primary immunodeficiency disease, or in some cases, HIV.
We found 4 allergist/immunologists who accept United Healthcare Choice near Temple, TX.
Dr. John Dvoracek practices allergy & immunology and adult allergy in Temple, TX. His education and training includes medical school at the University of Minnesota Medical School and residency at a hospital affiliated with the University of Wisconsin. Dr. Dvoracek is in-network for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, and more. Distinctions awarded to Dr. Dvoracek include: Texas Super Doctors and "Super Doctor," Texas Monthly, 2011-2013. Dr. Dvoracek is affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Allergies, Hives, Sinus Problems, Ear Problems, Skin Testing, Angioedema, Asthma
Dr. Mercedes Arroliga is a Temple, TX physician who specializes in pediatric allergy & immunology. Dr. Arroliga is an in-network provider for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold, in addition to other insurance carriers. Before completing her residency at Bridgeport Hospital, Dr. Arroliga attended medical school at National Autonomous University of Nicaragua Faculty of Medicine. She is conversant in Spanish. Dr. Arroliga is professionally affiliated with Scott & White Healthcare.
Clinical interests: Drug Allergy, Eczema, Immunodeficiency, Hives, Skin Testing, Angioedema, Sinusitis, Hay Fever, ... (Read more)
Dr. John Starr's area of specialization is allergy & immunology. Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Blue Cross Blue Shield Bronze, and Blue Cross Blue Shield Gold are among the insurance carriers that Dr. Starr accepts. He attended medical school at the University of Virginia School of Medicine. Dr. Starr has received professional recognition including the following: Texas Super Doctors.
Dr. George Brasher is a medical specialist in pediatric allergy and allergy & immunology. Dr. Brasher is an in-network provider for United Healthcare EPO, United Healthcare Bronze, United Healthcare Silver, and more. He studied medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine.